1994-02-20 - (fwd) iPower crypto chip in PCMCIA card

Header Data

From: kelly@netcom.com (Kelly Goen)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f64c49214828f2b4fc9cf3c402b99eccc5b4141e6e5a766a8bc970a3f68cc713
Message ID: <199402202003.MAA13904@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Feb 94 12:06:58 PST

Raw message

From: kelly@netcom.com (Kelly Goen)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 94 12:06:58 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (fwd) iPower crypto chip in PCMCIA card

Newsgroups: alt.2600
From: mocten@netcom.com (Mark Hudson)
Subject: iPower crypto chip in PCMCIA card
Sender: mocten@netcom.com (Mark "Marcus" Hudson)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 02:02:38 GMT

I got this out of newsletter I received a few days ago.
Hopefully it isn't old knowledge yet.

   Crypto Chip Debuts

National Semiconductor has released the iPower encryption
chip, which was designed for use in PCMCIA cards and provides
a reange of security features.  The chip can encrypt data via
multiple enryption algorithms, and will self-destruct upon any
tampering attempt, using a self-contained chemical.  Cards that
use the iPower chip can also provide additional functions
such as tracking user access times.  The iPower division is
based in Santa Clara, CA. 408/721-8797.

--Mark
Mark Hudson is mocten@netcom.com (or vice versa)
Mr. Congealiality--a suppository of knowledge.
This has been a blipvert. (Hose down or prepare to explode.)

Thread