1994-02-24 - Re:

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fbc5011f9eea8a735e3dff75802b91686fa312e57523568d5e3382cbd47453fb
Message ID: <0hP0MLO00awNA7dmMM@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <9402240007.AA18571@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-24 01:43:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 17:43:17 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 17:43:17 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:

Anonymous says:

> Does anyone know the budget size and sources for CERT?  Is CERT
> 'officially' part of the government or do they operate independently?
> And could a FOIA request yield results, do you think?
>
> *waves to the CERT guys reading this letter.  They are monitoring
> this group, I have proof!*

Well, considering that CERT is headquartered here at Carnegie Mellon
University, and the fact that cypherpunks is gated to a local group at
this site, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that they could be
reading this...

As I understand it, CERT is a private orginization funded by the
government (DoD I think, but not sure).  I'll ask on one of the local
message areas here and see what info I can dig up...

Thread