1994-02-18 - Re: killfiles

Header Data

From: tim x4237 <werner@mc.ab.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ff10b454c9c508f6da9c24f108551edfb9f85c90465868891f87a30a92e14811
Message ID: <199402182018.PAA21421@sparcserver.mc.ab.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 12:21:03 PST

Raw message

From: tim x4237 <werner@mc.ab.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 12:21:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: killfiles

>From: "Robert A. Hayden" <hayden@krypton.mankato.msus.edu>
>Procmail is one filtering package.  You can also use 'filter' which comes
>as part of the elm package.  Promail has a few more features, but is much
>more difficult to write rules for, IMHO.

Does anynone have some lisp do to this with rmail? I'd like to run a
command that prompted me for text, then used that text in a 'M-s
REGEXP RET d' command, to delete messages that matched the supplied
text. Of course, the 'd' should only happen if the 'M-s REGEXP RET' is
successful.

Thread