1994-03-29 - Crypto and new computing strategies

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 029ce8ec57e1dfd09663fd0198a98494ad3b2626992fdbf0e56c67988e4ed735
Message ID: <199403291804.AA01129@zoom.bga.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 10:04:23 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 10:04:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crypto and new computing strategies

In the latest issue of Scientific American there is an article on quantum
computing and how the first working machine is to be built in the
immediate future. This raises dark portents in my mind when one considers
the rate and the size constraints on such devices. We may be looking at a
technology birth which will allow brute force computation of RSA style
algorithms and their cracking.

As an aside in a Physics mailing list I subscribe to Rajashi Roy from
Georgian Tech supposedly has managed to synchronize two chaotic lasers
which would provide a basis for a optical one-time pad system.

Thread