1994-03-14 - Re: voice encryption

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 152c0429574d2148c509e1c33643d0ca0d65f68efdf4872d7282f542c7ff28b6
Message ID: <9403140438.AA00865@andria.lehman.com>
Reply To: <199403140313.AA04664@netsys.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-14 04:38:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Mar 94 20:38:39 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 94 20:38:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: voice encryption

Mark Hittinger says:
> Hey guys last week we got ahold of a new board made by IBM that is an
> actual ISDN board.  It is accessible as com1, is hayes compatible, and
> has the texas instruments DSP chip on it.  The claim is 64kb.  We will
> test it and see how it goes.  This would be better than the 28.8 stuff
> but I think that still needs to be done for cellular.

And what about the millions of people in areas without ISDN (including
me) and all the people who might want to talk with them?

When ISDN is universal, obviously digital crypto for voice will be
simpler. For the moment, ISDN is not universal, or even common, and is
thus not a solution.

Perry

Thread