1994-03-02 - Increasing the encrypted/unencrypted ratio (was Re: Insecurity of public key crypto #1 (reply to Mandl))

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1725bbd9274e60f0b83521e6eb400fd075ea183da14d1d0b6625d06c662c7594
Message ID: <9403021622.AA10519@ah.com>
Reply To: <199403021451.JAA28312@styracosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-02 16:30:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 08:30:14 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 08:30:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Increasing the encrypted/unencrypted ratio (was Re: Insecurity of public key crypto #1 (reply to Mandl))

>The incentive for using the encrypted list, then? Simple --
>	   1. Increasing ones personal encrypted-to-unencrypted ratio
>and
>	   2. The old chestnut -- delay the unencrypted list 24 hours.

I'll consider doing this after a whole bunch more stuff is developed,
like checking for digital signatures on posts and delaying those
without them.

We're now running majordomo for the list, so if these features get
added to the standard majordomo distribution, we could more easily
deploy them.  That's a hint, since I have higher priority things to
work on.

Eric

Thread