1994-03-05 - Truly Stealthy PGP

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 18af72d85420278080a75daab24425ef95c64537a2f3eb6b257984f51c054679
Message ID: <9403052004.AA07317@ah.com>
Reply To: <9403051827.AA07207@ah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-05 20:13:51 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 5 Mar 94 12:13:51 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 94 12:13:51 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Truly Stealthy PGP

>Scratch that.  I made an algebra error.  I'll repost with the right
>answer.

Scratch the scratch.  I thought I'd made an error in my entropy
expression, but I hadn't.  More confusion to follow, no doubt.  I hope
it just won't be mine.

I kept thinking that the location of the minimum entropy was wrong.
I worked out some examples with real numbers to prove to myself that
my intuition about the location of the minimum entropy was incorrect.
Intuition about entropy is difficult to develop, and I still don't
completely have all of it.  A word to the wise.

Eric

Thread