1994-03-28 - Very funny, Polyanna :-( [namespace pollution]

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1b76c008986593f960bdb95a9400e2d3d819a8d8a97a8d0e4adfa4a9770116ba
Message ID: <199403281958.UAA26598@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 11:58:59 PST

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 11:58:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Very funny, Polyanna :-( [namespace pollution]

Grrr.  I use a mailer here (that I'm developing) that automatically
encrypts outgoing mail for user X if "<X>" can be found in my
pgp keyring.  Unfortunately some comedian has published the
key below...

Type bits/keyID   Date       User ID
pub   384/99CBA7 1992/11/15  Polyanna, c/o <cypherpunks@toad.com>
1 key(s) examined.

so if I use this mailer when posting to cypherpunks, it gets
encrypted for this idiot.  I guess this is something we mailer
writers will just have to allow for.  Looks like I'm about
to add a stop-list...  (removing it from the keyring won't
be good enough, because next feature planned for my mailer
is to look up the fingerable key-server if it isn't found locally...)