1994-03-01 - Re: ditz in office

Header Data

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic@eff.org>
To: stanton@acm.org
Message Hash: 284520ed0bee05b762d94478eda20fae5678baf4fd05d170bdc64770a786b403
Message ID: <199403011458.JAA15119@eff.org>
Reply To: <9403011434.AA19268@sten.lehman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-01 14:58:15 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 06:58:15 PST

Raw message

From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic@eff.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 06:58:15 PST
To: stanton@acm.org
Subject: Re: ditz in office

Linn Stanton writes:

> It is an unfortunate fact that in this country, people often react
> differently to an idea, depending on who produces it. I have spoken
> to people who really TRUST Clinton, and who have no objection to clipper
> and the wiretap bill, until you remind them the the Republicans could
> be in office again someday. Then they go "Oh, yeah. That would be a
> problem"

I don't detect any less opposition to Clipper and Digital Telephony from
Clinton supporters than from Clinton opponents. Quite the opposite, if you
want to know the truth.

--Mike

Thread