1994-03-09 - Re: chips…

Header Data

From: mbriceno@netcom.com (Marc Briceno)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3eba20ea81f1e3a5a8e982e543b16c9375b2ff21e5ea5fb52e24a07ccae17e90
Message ID: <199403090654.WAA07961@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 22:55:25 PST

Raw message

From: mbriceno@netcom.com (Marc Briceno)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 22:55:25 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: chips...

X-Anon-Password:legal9road
X-Anon-To:cypherpunks@toad.com

>> Today I ran into a situation that made me completely nausiated and
>> feel like my privacy had been completely invaded... It involves a
>> chip which is implanted in animals and used for identification...
>
>> [....] "Well, if their doing this to animals, how soon will it be
>> before they implant the same sort of thing in us?" She said, "Oh,
>> I hadn't thought about it like that."...
>
>Several years ago (like mid or early 80's if I recall), there was
>just such a program for marking children.  It involved implanting
>a "microchip" on the surface of a tooth.

Routine implants of transponder devices into humans are not a question of
if, but only of when. I predict that they will become routine before the
end of the decade. First they will be voluntary, used primarily  in
children to facilitate identification in case of abduction, some years
later they will become mandatory for all drivers, to combat the use of fake
driver licenses, and soon thereafter transponders will become the primary,
if not sole accepted form of ID for all business transactions. A generation
from now transponders will be mandatory used not only for identification,
but for routine tracking of the movements of every citizen. If you think
this sounds crazy, go to Germany, where you will find a camera on every
major intersection, tracking your every move.

-=T.A.Z.

Thread