1994-03-23 - Re: PGP key fingerprints.

Header Data

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@rand.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4e25a3aee1ea60920db463c444a1637d3e9d1274fcbc76c35fb3a7e899e1b717
Message ID: <9403231636.AA13510@mycroft.rand.org>
Reply To: <199403230014.AA19769@comm.Tandem.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-23 16:37:04 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 08:37:04 PST

Raw message

From: Jim Gillogly <jim@rand.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 08:37:04 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP key fingerprints.

> GRABOW_GEOFFREY@tandem.com writes:
> Is there any way to get PGP to display the fingerprint of a public ke
> before you add it to your keyring?  I know that the -kvc command displays

I sometimes add them to a temporary keyring (pgp -ka file.asc testring)
and then do pgp -kvc "*" testring so I can see what I'm about to stick in
there.  I didn't bother before somebody or other (was that you, Hal?)
demonstrated that he could change the name on Phil's PGP key, and I didn't
want it polluting my <real> keyring.

	Jim Gillogly
	Sterday, 1 Astron S.R. 1994, 16:36

Thread