1994-03-08 - Re: stego

Header Data

From: sdw@meaddata.com (Stephen Williams)
To: 73211.3713@CompuServe.COM (Loren Fleckenstein)
Message Hash: 664ea1a18fa5f0e27a059636f508233ab8aa088e91dff47a84cefd38d133f9d8
Message ID: <9403081711.AA24995@jungle.meaddata.com>
Reply To: <940305234908_73211.3713_DHI59-2@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-08 17:10:46 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 09:10:46 PST

Raw message

From: sdw@meaddata.com (Stephen Williams)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 09:10:46 PST
To: 73211.3713@CompuServe.COM (Loren Fleckenstein)
Subject: Re: stego

It just came to mind about a funny stego (usage) thread in an
in-company newsgroup at a company I was contracting at.

They were 'downsizing' and planning on laying off a fairly large
percentage of people.  There was a discussion obliquely related in one
of the local talk groups.

The seemingly related messages all furthered the point in a diplomatic
way, except the first letter of each line spelled a more direct
statement.  (JERKS, SUCKS, ...)

It was pretty funny, especially when people responded to the
ostensible message and then later found out about the stego one.

One person started it and those that noticed followed up likewise.

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: sdw@lig.net sdw@meaddata.com

Thread