1994-03-17 - RE: The Joy of Digicash

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 66c9d8e7fb8284e9c595f8acf57832ea90734bb97afe403536c61149c78cc351
Message ID: <9403171706.AA00950@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 17 Mar 94 09:06:03 PST

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 94 09:06:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: The Joy of Digicash

From Hal:

Proper cash will produce a symmetrical pattern.  By choosing
good CA rules, the patterns will be different for each bill, some nicer
than others, leading to attractive fractal-looking patterns for many bills.
When you wanted to "look at your money" you could run the program on the
digital cash.  People might even trade for especially attractive bills.

This sounds really cool, if it could work that way.
I can imagine a large screen wall display of these fractal images
continuously running in color in the entertainment room, as a
kaleidescopic display of all my cash holdings.......if the patterns
begin to repeat themselves too soon, it means I don't have very much in
the digibank.   :>)

So there couldn't be anything else which would produce these same
patterns and thus be confused for the original or actual?

Blanc

Thread