1994-03-02 - Re: Dorothy Denning

Header Data

From: fischer@charybdis.prl.ufl.edu (G R Fischer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 76ab126b83bdc22b65310b2cfe0245bf640ab813988a1acb19d64e03d7df1b47
Message ID: <9403020050.AA24854@charybdis.prl.ufl.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 16:49:18 PST

Raw message

From: fischer@charybdis.prl.ufl.edu (G R Fischer)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 16:49:18 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Dorothy Denning

> I recall a profile of the Dr's Denning in one of the
> popular cracker/phreax exposes, (maybe in Markov/Hafner?)
>
> Andy

I believe you are referring to Bruce Sterling's "The Hacker
Crackdown", interesting book because Sterling sympathetically presents
many sides: paranoid telco's, testosterone-poisoned adolescent
hackers, hand-wringing cops (Dr. Denning is presented in this milieu)
and (my personal favorite) the "information wants to be free"
libertarians.

						Randy Fischer

Thread