1994-03-31 - Another view of the CFP

Header Data

From: Eric Blossom <eb@sr.hp.com>
To: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com
Message Hash: 7f5a3a7c917a5a9f1d8c3b95dc0b2e3bd3280b4cad54dbc8c9777f6c17383e16
Message ID: <9403311847.AA07309@srlr14.sr.hp.com>
Reply To: <9403310316.AA18861@io.lrcs.loral.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-31 18:28:19 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 10:28:19 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Blossom <eb@sr.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 10:28:19 PST
To: koontzd@lrcs.loral.com
Subject: Another view of the CFP

David Koontz writes:

> The AT&T Surety Communications Voice/Data Terminal  4100  is
> an STUIII with a type IIIe (e for export, read clipper) cryptographic
> algorithm, the model numbers for type I and type II STUIIIs are series
> 1000 and 2000 respectively.

Wow, I'm pretty sure I have some 4100 data sheets I got ~9 months ago
that said the 4100 did not use clipper, but used some "proprietary"
algorithm.  The 3600 sheets I rcvd at the same time did make reference
to clipper.  I'll have to dig them out and check.

> AT&T Surity (tm)
> Voice/Data Terminal 4100
> For Sensitive,
> Business Applications
>
> 4100
>
> Specifications:

> Security features
>
> - Clipper encryption algorthin  - Display window for
> - Secure Access Control           authentification identification
>   System (SACS)                 - Information to create a call
> - Auto-answer, auto-secure        audit trail
> - Active and passive terminal   - Non-error propagating
>   zeroization                   - Plain text inhibit

Anybody know what SACS is?

Eric Blossom

Thread