1994-03-17 - Re: PowerMacPGP

Header Data

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a65604e218a36566ec7418ced7ca598f26f3cab564e42d75dee9d79ebe585474
Message ID: <8hVxa4i00iUvADc=ZY@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <9403122127.AA07013@m1-115-2.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-17 04:17:38 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 20:17:38 PST

Raw message

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 20:17:38 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PowerMacPGP

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 12-Mar-94 Re: PowerMacPGP  by Derek
Atkins@MIT.EDU
> > Does anyone know if Mr. Zimmerman or anyone else will be writing a
> > Power Macint -osh PGP porgram.  What about the other popular
> > encryption programs.  Thanks,
>
> The source code is available. If you have a C compiler, it shouldn't
> be very hard to build.  Then again its a Macintosh, so who really
> knows?  I don't expect to see Phil to do it, since Phil hasn't done
> any coding for PGP.  Also, I don't think that PowerMacs are prominent
> enough for developers to have them, yet.

Actually, the MacPGP 2.2 source compiles pretty much out of the box. As
soon as THINK C for PowerPC comes out, it should be trivial.

Note, the power Macs were released yesterday, they're pretty cool.

Jer

darklord@cmu.edu | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
 finger for Geek |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Code, PGP Key |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr25/jbde/www/default.html <

Thread