1994-03-16 - Re: (fwd) Who’s watching you… 01

Header Data

From: ag588@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (John C. Brice)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e268604e49b7a23b763289b7410318610d22e369d91b8da49c7c4def2e81c321
Message ID: <199403162248.RAA27184@eeyore.INS.CWRU.Edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 14:48:22 PST

Raw message

From: ag588@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (John C. Brice)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 14:48:22 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: (fwd) Who's watching you...  01

From:Surveillance.Center/Population.Control/High.Command
To:Field.operatives
Re:Citizen.unit.miller/terrorist.free.speech.subversives
Cc:[censored]

Operatives:

Once again citizen.unit.miller is getting out of hand.  You have been
warned about allowing these subversive postings of his [see below] to reach
the Net.  Having failed in your primary duty, you are hereby instructed to
encourage the creation of the referenced message base.  Once this is
accomplished, these subversive elements will have unwittingly established
(1) a method whereby we can more closely monitor the level of their
knowledge; (2) a method whereby we can measure information dispersal rates;
and (3) a convenient source for the infusion of disinformation.

You know what to do.

The Management.

>What do people think of the idea of creating a news group dedicated
>to discussing surveillance technology and its potential impact on
>society?
>

>Jim_Miller@suite.com

I am an attorney, seeking a position in the area of Computer Law.  If you
know of such a position available, or of someone who may know of such a
position, please send e-mail!  Thanks.

Thread