1994-03-01 - Re: Dorothy Denning

Header Data

From: Andrew Purshottam <andy@autodesk.com>
To: cypherpunks
Message Hash: ff84052268f9809fbb7cc8a17892e12f34a243103d8ecd3f5aa1981846cdfbf5
Message ID: <9403012336.AA02039@toad.com>
Reply To: <199402282142.NAA00899@servo.qualcomm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-03-01 23:36:41 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 15:36:41 PST

Raw message

From: Andrew Purshottam <andy@autodesk.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 15:36:41 PST
To: cypherpunks
Subject: Re: Dorothy Denning

Dr. Denning is a secure systems (OS and databases)
research from SRI. Her background is in
capability-based OS (her advisor was MUTICS designer Peter Denning,
whom she married) and inference of private data from
statistical data bases. Her work is interesting and potentially
contributes to our privacy, but has little direct connection to
cryptanalysis. Phil's objection seems quite reasonable.

I recall a profile of the Dr's Denning in one of the
popular cracker/phreax exposes, (maybe in Markov/Hafner?)

Andy

Thread