1994-03-26 - EFF Pioneer award: I nominate Phil Zimmerman…

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: talk-politics-crypto@demon.co.uk
Message Hash: ffefb650cfbf7a0f43bfea714a7d6fa97123355f6a6346a5861959c038fa5033
Message ID: <199403261824.SAA29636@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Mar 94 09:41:21 PST

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 94 09:41:21 PST
To: talk-politics-crypto@demon.co.uk
Subject: EFF Pioneer award: I nominate Phil Zimmerman...

Folks, with the political climate the way it is in the US at the
moment, I think the EFF pioneer award has to make a political point
as well as a technical one:  I'll be nominating Phil Zimmerman.  I
hope others will too.  Without Phil's pgp program, all our efforts
against the Clipper chip would look very hollow indeed - he's given
us a flag to rally round in the name of freedom.