1994-04-07 - nsa digital cash?

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 020281672e0d2c415b6e9218afb1a57ef1f05a84627357b0e3c53cb0802684e9
Message ID: <9404071926.AA13709@ah.com>
Reply To: <199404071634.JAA05501@netcom9.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-07 19:38:25 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 12:38:25 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 12:38:25 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: nsa digital cash?

>i admit that
>i don't have a close grasp on e.g. the check clearing system and what
>elements are in federal hands. but instead of yelling at and insulting me,
>maybe erik could explain exactly how this system works.

I have no interest in discussion with those who make strident claims
in reckless ignorance, who then expect other people to correct them,
and, worse yet, who finally insist on bickering over the accuracy of
anything one might say.

Use a library.  That's a place with lots of paper periodicals and
paper books.  Library materials not online, mostly, but it is still
where most of the world's encoded knowledge is stored.  If you don't
like paper, tough.  That's the way the world is right now.

If you like, I _will_ explain to you offline some resources available
in libraries about these topics, but only after I've seen some
evidence of a good faith effort to visit a library, such as, say, some
interesting story in a recent _American Banker_.

Eric

Thread