1994-04-25 - Re: Warrentlesss SEarches (fwd)

Header Data

From: norm@netcom.com (Norman Hardy)
To: Llywelyn <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0975bdde5af1108e83986df92d1a238467096beba03c7c09596032dabf736670
Message ID: <199404250026.RAA07388@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 17:25:06 PDT

Raw message

From: norm@netcom.com (Norman Hardy)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 17:25:06 PDT
To: Llywelyn <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Warrentlesss SEarches (fwd)

At 17:21 4/24/94 -0400, Llywelyn wrote:

>Ok, Let me respond

>2)I know the value of a gun in this environment.  I know how many times
>our home has been kept safe because my father has been willing to wield a
>gun against either intruders or against 'undersireable' characters coming
>around(read drug dealers, crack heads, you name it).  Our part of the
>block has a reputation for not being somewhere for these pepole to hang
>out because my father and our neighbors have taken a stand against such
>scum.

>Any comments?

Thanks for your perspective. I have imagined that if I found it necessary
to live in such a place that I might favor choosing a building with some
sort of covenant, explicitly agreed to by all tenants, that allowed
searches for weapons. I take it that you would not find that to be a good
idea. Do you have other ideas along such lines?

Thread