1994-04-19 - Re: Warrantless searches – A sign of things to come?

Header Data

From: f_griffith@ccsvax.sfasu.edu
To: “Evidence Inc.” <evidence@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 0b9e70afa833613417e0a0c0f4dbe504d1afcf94f2d14c8fb8416e306e1ec50b
Message ID: <9404191509.AA08962@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 08:09:12 PDT

Raw message

From: f_griffith@ccsvax.sfasu.edu
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 94 08:09:12 PDT
To: "Evidence Inc." <evidence@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

>The easiest solution is to include a provision in the rental agreement
>stating that you won't possess firearms in the apartment.  In addition,
>include a provision that indicates that the tenant wil consent to any
>search requested by the landlord.  You could even make these provision
>optional, such that any tenant can decline to agree to them by checking
>the appropriate box.
>
>(Most tenants in such projects probably won't bother to read them anyway).

I thought the administration had backed off the original proposal because
of the uproar and had gone to the search waiver provision in the rental
agreement (don't know if they included the firearms part).

It appears that we're still at a point where enough protest from the
informed part of the populace can have an effect.

Thread