1994-04-13 - Re: Interesting news note.

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 135a5cffebb0f380f0c30714e90245fdbac68da783b21275f5033264b9426d3f
Message ID: <199404131920.UAA04651@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Apr 94 12:24:00 PDT

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 94 12:24:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Interesting news note.

: From: Steve Blasingame <bsteve@zontar.com>

: This came off the business wire yesterday. I wonder if they truly understand
: how vulnerable they really are without strong crypto for their transactions?

: -THE INTERNET SHOPPING Network, the nation's first electronic superstore
: -available on the worldwide Internet, was formally announced Tuesday at an
: -event at Techmart in conjunction with the launch of CommerceNet, the
: -first large-scale trial of electronic commerce on the Internet.
: -[Business Wire, 516 words, 450813#]

The press release I saw seemed to be saying it was some sort of
integrated DOS turnkey package with built-in RSA signature validation
and encryption.  I wasn't paying too close attention though.  I'm
pretty sure it was the same people though.