1994-04-29 - RE: C’Punk list

Header Data

From: Dave Otto (the Wizard of TOTOSoft) <dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1da9cf78ccbcd95d09dca4345bce99cb0ab24dc58c6e4ac2ccdd8407b38b3d7d
Message ID: <9404291619.AA16742@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 09:20:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Dave Otto (the Wizard of TOTOSoft) <dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 09:20:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: C'Punk list

A good idea (or at least not a "bad" one).

While I agree that CPSR, EFF and company should be supported in their
fight, too often has the cry been heard, "It's not OUR task, leave it
to the professionals."  PZ was willing to put it ALL on the line.
[ ASIDE: I am assuming that simply being ON this mailing list is
sufficient to get you _On_File_. ]  We can NOT allow the likes of
Dr.'s Sternlight and Denning to dictate public opinion.  Adding
our (Respectable, Considerable, Informed, etc.) voice can only help.

It's time to take the field....

Four of the "top ten" reasons to support Jim's proposal:

10) It's voluntary.
 9) It's too late for many of us (to preserve a low profile) anyway.
 8) The public *NEEDS* to be educated about Crypto-Privacy!!!!!
 7) It will teach them to spell Cypherpunks.

(Look out Stu!  The "geeks" are educated, politically aware, respected
entrepreneurs, financially successful and *ACTIVE*.)

       Dave Otto -- dave@gershwin.jta.edd.ca.gov -- daveotto@acm.org
            "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

% cat flames > /dev/nul
[sorry, don't have PGP sig, but am working on it... :-( ]

Thread