1994-04-26 - Re: Clipper hearings rescheduled - May 3 1994!

Header Data

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
To: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Message Hash: 3618563c3d4fe1f1510f2998debd7c61e57ec1c80ad35d8af650e65a8b64d439
Message ID: <199404260040.UAA03090@eff.org>
Reply To: <9404260025.AA15261@vail.tivoli.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-26 00:40:30 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 17:40:30 PDT

Raw message

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 17:40:30 PDT
To: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Subject: Re: Clipper hearings rescheduled - May 3 1994!

No, it's not in there.  But all ya gotta do is a whois query.  See end.

> > Both the Senate and House Clipper/Digital Telephony hearings will be held
> > almost back-to-back on the same date.  See ftp.eff.org
> > /pub/Alerts/clip-dt.alert for more info.
>
> I can't ftp without some pain right now; is the C-Span e-mail address
> in the info packet?  It'd be nice to send them some mail and express
> our urgent desire to see these.

% whois C-SPAN
C-SPAN (C-SPAN-DOM)
   400 North Capital St.
   Suite 650
   Washington, DC 20001

   Domain Name: C-SPAN.ORG

   Administrative Contact:
      Humphrey, Douglas E.  (DEH18)  doug@DIGEX.COM
      (301) 220-2020
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Kern, Edward  (EK6)  ejk@DIGEX.NET
      301-220-2020

   Record last updated on 04-Oct-93.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS.DIGEX.NET                 164.109.1.3
   NS2.DIGEX.NET                164.109.10.23

The InterNIC Registration Services Host ONLY contains Internet Information
(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).
Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.

ejk@c-span.org is a real user, and doug@c-span.org might be (did not
produce a no-user message, but also did not provide an "In real life:"
answer, nor did it mention mail status or presence of a .plan, which it
did do for ejk.  There's a c-span gopher also, that gives rather cryptic
schedules, look on the "All the Gophers in the Whole Wide World" thing you
find on most larger gopher servers, and it should turn up.

--
Stanton McCandlish * mech@eff.org * Electronic Frontier Found. OnlineActivist
"In a Time/CNN poll of 1,000 Americans conducted last week by Yankelovich

Thread