1994-04-11 - RE: Code review is requested.

Header Data

From: “Pat Farrell” <pfarrell@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4393227aa881dff3a8434e435d9bd85938dc29d42dc922138501cf492804bea0
Message ID: <21421.pfarrell@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 02:59:25 PDT

Raw message

From: "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 02:59:25 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Code review is requested.

  anonymous@extropia.wimsey.com  writes:

> 3) There may be other RNG's in existence which are accessed in a
> different way, or have different IO drivers. If you have knowledge of
> such RNG's please post the info to the cypherpunks mailing list.

In Cryptosystems Journal, published by Tony S Patti, Volume 2 Number 2
is a description, circuit board layouts, parts list, etc. for Ranger
hardware RNG. It produced 6,750 bits per second into the parallel port of a
standard PC. The author says that you can build a Ranger for less than $40
worth of parts.

Cryptosystyems Journal
P.O. Box 188
Newtown PA 18940-0188

I have not seen any reviews of this device, but it has been arround for a
while, and may have been covered before I got interested in the field.

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell@gmu.edu
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>

Thread