1994-04-11 - Re: MacPGP and AOL

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Frederic Halper <fhalper@pilot.njin.net>
Message Hash: 483686dd9dc754e272effae4533ce9fdea339817a33f785f4929278f8cc4ff3c
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9404102045.A3757-a100000@panix.com>
Reply To: <9404102145.AA02362@pilot.njin.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-11 00:38:52 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 17:38:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 17:38:52 PDT
To: Frederic Halper <fhalper@pilot.njin.net>
Subject: Re: MacPGP and AOL

On Sun, 10 Apr 1994, Frederic Halper wrote:

> 	AOL will not allow me to upload MacPGP on the basis that there is a
> court case pending against the author, and therefore it should not be allowed.

There is no "court case pending against Phil Zimmerman."  Neither he nor
his legal counsel have been notified of any action against him.  He has
not been named publically in any official papers.  He has not been
subpoenaed.  There *is* an insvestigation of how PGP was exported (nothing
about its *creation*).  Two firms have testified before a Grand Jury.

DCF

Thread