1994-04-04 - Re: wrong place at wrong time…

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 695d1de394610fd6ee665f1eed229cf69aeba2a054f55dba1f13680967ccb548
Message ID: <9404042009.AA06101@toad.com>
Reply To: <199404041513.IAA11198@netcom9.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-04 20:09:44 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 13:09:44 PDT

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 13:09:44 PDT
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: wrong place at wrong time...

> From: tmp@netcom.com
> hello, whoever this `detweiler' person is you really seem to hate him.
[note use of scare quotes where ordinary ones would be appropriate]
> consider this-- suppose that i really hate t.c.may (this is just an
[note spaceless initials]
> then again, that's all that mitnick and morris did <g>
[note closing <g>]

If this isn't Detweiler, it's certainly someone trying to look like
him.  The quoted message demonstrates some familiarity with his
epistolary style; note also the tmp/TMP `coincidence'.  I have to
conclude that the "whoever this `detweiler' person is" opener is
disingenuous (as well as being stylistically similar to an12070's
attempts to distance himself from "his colleague" Detweiler), and that
tmp@netcom.com is probably the Blight itself.

   Eli   ebrandt@hmc.edu
         finger for PGP key.
"I have noticed an interesting overlap between radical libertarians, crypto-
 anarchists, psychopunks, and people who promote sodomy."  -- L. Detweiler

Thread