1994-04-04 - PHILL ZIMMERMAN ARRESTED [NOT]

Header Data

From: a2@ah.com (Arthur Abraham)
To: sbb@well.sf.ca.us
Message Hash: 6fff9d618c6b664a5e5098abf6c3db0d02e3cd0e78c8a7e68ba23130da5cc3d3
Message ID: <9404042049.AA08456@ah.com>
Reply To: <9404042015.AA08368@ah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-04 21:03:02 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 14:03:02 PDT

Raw message

From: a2@ah.com (Arthur Abraham)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 14:03:02 PDT
To: sbb@well.sf.ca.us
Subject: PHILL ZIMMERMAN ARRESTED [NOT]

>>The Zimmerman prank---I'm sure not funny for him---hardens my line
>>further against anonymity online.

> You can't get rid of anonymity such as this without also getting rid
> of pseudonymity.

Eric argues simply that you can't get rid of annonymity, and he is correct in the
strict logic of his aguement against the current technological background.

What neither of you discuss is your actual concern, which is that of having
some way to rapidly access the factual content of a message.  Instead
of addressing that problem, you rail against anonymity.

In current discourse one often sees symbolic or subsitute issues
being discussed, so that the underlying discourd is obscured,
ignored, and unresolved.

Lions that stalk shadows remain hungry.

-a2

Thread