1994-04-02 - Politics do not belong here

Header Data

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 77aaa867a695d1939acb932fa87c336b0731f914b3521806e6cffbafef307019
Message ID: <EhbRwuO00iUyA2h2NK@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Apr 94 13:07:28 PST

Raw message

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 94 13:07:28 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Politics do not belong here

I may very well be completly wrong here, but IMO there is no place for
politics on this list. Cryptography, by its very nature, is an
anti-political thing. All politicians who try in increase the power of
government are against the cypherpunk agenda of increasing the use of
encryption, it doesn't matter what party they belong to. This discussion
is simply a bunch of messages that bait people with different political
alignments than the sender's, please take it elsewhere.

Jer

darklord@cmu.edu | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
finger me for my |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Geek Code and |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"
  PGP public key | http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr25/jbde/

Thread