1994-04-26 - Re: Schneier’s source code

Header Data

From: michael shiplett <michael.shiplett@umich.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 78f7f365f622a72348821dcf97da7806c3a294b07c1a85e542c7202aeede3fa9
Message ID: <199404262006.QAA22248@totalrecall.rs.itd.umich.edu>
Reply To: <199404261901.MAA07237@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-26 20:06:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 13:06:44 PDT

Raw message

From: michael shiplett <michael.shiplett@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 13:06:44 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Schneier's source code

"tcm" == Timothy C May <tcmay@netcom.com> writes:

tcm> Someone in Cypherpunks has a novel solution: print code in the
tcm> most easily OCRable font---I think the suggestion was that OCR-A
tcm> and OCR-B, or somesuch, are optimized for this (one would think
tcm> so from the names, but I had thought they had something to do
tcm> with the magnetic ink printing on checks...).

  One of the computer magazines ("Compute"?) in the '80s used to
supply source in a bar code format which was readily scanned into
one's machine using one of those "light wands." I don't know what
export restrictions might apply to this distribution method.

michael

Thread