1994-04-27 - Re: Schneier’s source code

Header Data

From: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 949fed8081e6362ca0542aa6621767f5cd7f48e417f8f0bddba2c00bae0f0d49
Message ID: <199404271132.HAA02577@sparcserver.mc.ab.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 04:33:08 PDT

Raw message

From: tim werner <werner@mc.ab.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 04:33:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Schneier's source code

>Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 16:20:22 -0700
>From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
>
>Oh come on, all this talk about OCR makes it sound like nobody would ever
>be willing to just type in the code by hand. It only need be done once,
>and the task could easily be divided up for a group. The listings for any
>particular cipher just aren't that long.

After you do it, would you send me a copy? :-)

But seriously, isn't the point that you may make some silly typing mistake
that compiles anyway, but ruins the algorithm?

tw

Thread