1994-04-07 - Re: I found this a very interesting use of anonymous mail. I am sending itnot to advertise the ad but the process

Header Data

From: pcw@access.digex.net (Peter Wayner)
To: farber@central.cis.upenn.edu (David Farber)
Message Hash: 9c5937e808c8c41876f63c916b626068a5aa837aabeff1614db413efd4fabaab
Message ID: <199404072002.AA02206@access1.digex.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 13:02:27 PDT

Raw message

From: pcw@access.digex.net (Peter Wayner)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 13:02:27 PDT
To: farber@central.cis.upenn.edu (David Farber)
Subject: Re: I found this a very interesting use of anonymous mail. I am sending itnot to advertise the ad but the process

Yes, this is a very good example of _real_, legitimate uses of
anonymity. Headhunters usually provide anonymity as one of
their "features. Another good example are the personal ads.

-Peter

>Posted-Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 05:23:26 -0400
>To: com-priv@psi.com
>From: an32949@anon.penet.fi
>Date: Thu,  7 Apr 1994 05:29:48 UTC
>Subject: Well known net business seeks COO to grow (S.F. Bay Area)
>
>One of the few well established companies doing business on
>the internet has decided it wishes to hire a chief operating
>officer to manage the growth and operations of the company.
>
>The company is under $5 million in sales and the president
>and founder wishes to focus his skills on the products while
>a new skilled manager oversees company operations, finance,
>sales, marketing, staffing and growth.
>
>The ideal candidate has solid experience in senior high-tech
>growth company management and a desire to work building
>an internet related business.  Because the company is
>still small, this is a hands-on management position.
>Perhaps the ideal person is one who was planning to start
>his or her own internet related company but might also be
>excited to take the helm of an established one.
>
>If you're the right candidate you'll be offered a competitive
>salary and health benefits, but most importantly an option
>plan that will give you significant equity in the firm.
>
>You'll also need to live in, or wish to move to Silicon
>Valley.
>
>                        Note
>
>This is an anonymous message, posted that way because we
>don't wish to advertise our future executive hiring plans to the
>world.  We'll naturally reveal ourselves to any serious candidate.
>This anon message server works on a double-blind principle.  If you
>You'll be assigned an ID from the server.  You can of course
>give your real identity in the message.  You can also take
>the reply ID above and change the "an" to "na" (ie.
>na32949@anon.penet.fi) to respond non-anonymously.
>You can send an ASCII resume or find out contact info for
>other resume media.
>To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
>Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
>and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
>Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.

Thread