1994-04-29 - Re: your mail

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a3cba8cab9376c3cf4031af511081ec86678cf2ffc32ac0256b309c02b83847d
Message ID: <9404290629.AA03939@toad.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.07.9404281915.A10406-b100000@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-29 06:29:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 23:29:55 PDT

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 23:29:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: your mail

> Are you the sender?  Do you know who the sender is?  Why exactly is this
> person defaming my name with this outrageous accusation?

Like it says in the header, "Remailed-By: ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu".
I remailed it; I did not originate it.  No, I do not know who the sender
is, and cannot find out.

Without belittling your dismay at being called a "spook", I think
it's worth noting that nobody has posted to say "Thanks for the hot
tip!", while several have said "Yeah, right."  This is as it should be
in reponse to an unsigned message making unsupported claims.

   Eli   ebrandt@hmc.edu

Thread