1994-04-25 - Re: licence plates seen

Header Data

From: Llywelyn <samman@CS.YALE.EDU>
To: Matt Bartley <mdbomber@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Message Hash: ab680fc87d0b60d3eca24bbb89ec4d4c94525e72643f664e05c62389ed78f642
Message ID: <Pine.3.07.9404242309.Z23743-a100000@jaguar.zoo.cs.yale.edu>
Reply To: <199404250324.UAA18256@w6yx.stanford.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-25 03:40:29 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 20:40:29 PDT

Raw message

From: Llywelyn <samman@CS.YALE.EDU>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 94 20:40:29 PDT
To: Matt Bartley <mdbomber@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: licence plates seen

> >> Another one on a car I've seen many times is
> >>
> >> 68 ASCII
> >>
> >> I don't have an ASCII chart available.  What does this one mean?
>
> >the letter "D".  Hmmmmmm.  What kind of car? (Dodge?)
>
> I think it's an Oldsmobile of some kind.  Possibly the owner's initial.
> I see that car often.  If I ever run into its driver I'll have to
> remember to ask what the significance of the 68/'D' is.

As Tim May pointed out, the letter D if 68d is read and the letter 'h' if
68h is read.  Its a joke.

Get it?  h if its read in hex, and D if its read in Decimal.

Ben.
____
Renegade academician. They're a dangerous breed when they go feral.
 		-James P. Blaylock in "Lord Kelvin's Machine"

Thread