1994-04-21 - Re: BEST Inc. Anonymous

Header Data

From: Anonymous <mg5n+eax0596uwy9pwww8q1bgw8db1bj6t6xeu3y5onxr8mk@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: N/A
Message Hash: b72830d254e25ee4c8d782991d46a7b0c5f5a2f43c7ed276b509f42f5e571188
Message ID: <Added.EhhZDfK00UdZM3KU5N@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 03:22:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Anonymous <mg5n+eax0596uwy9pwww8q1bgw8db1bj6t6xeu3y5onxr8mk@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 03:22:42 PDT
Subject: Re: BEST Inc. Anonymous

> > Actually, there's a very elegant solution.  Get an eel-skin
> > wallet which erases magnetic information.
> >
> Eel-skin wallets are made of two types of eels.  Originally, they
> were made of a particular species, which was very expensive.
> Then someone decided to make cheap eel-skin billfolds.  They used
> a different species.  One which erases the magnetic strips.  (at
> least it does on credit cards).  I found this out much to my
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes - check the back issues of comp.risks. It isn't the eel skin but the
magnetic catch on the wallet that trashes your cards.

Ian Turton - School of Geography, Leeds University
	     0532 -333309

Thread