1994-04-08 - Private video on demand

Header Data

From: kadie@eff.org (Carl M. Kadie)
To: eff-mail-cypherpunks@eff.org
Message Hash: b8668f939faf1e63354111e74740fa6608e62667d4f2b7a7eeae4dd7c20fc6ef
Message ID: <2o2bm8$d0f@eff.org>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 18:23:27 PDT

Raw message

From: kadie@eff.org (Carl M. Kadie)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 18:23:27 PDT
To: eff-mail-cypherpunks@eff.org
Subject: Private video on demand

At a "Computers, Freedom, and Privacy" '94 informal meeting, I heard a
quick overview of a video-on-demand protocol that would ensure
privacy. Does anyone know the details? Here is what I recall (I think):

Three parties: A - the information provider
                      has a list of movies (or other material) with prices
               B - a middleman/net owner
               C - a customer

Some how, C gets her movie, A gets the money, and A doesn't know who
her customer was, and B doesn't know which movie C is seeing.

Details anyone?

- Carl

ANNOTATED REFERENCES

(All these documents are available on-line. Access information follows.)

=================<a href="ftp://ftp.eff.org/pub/CAF/library/confidentiality.2.ala">
library/confidentiality.2.ala
=================</a>
* Confidentiality -- 2 (ALA)

The American Library Association's "Statement Concerning
Confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information about Library
Users"

=================
=================

If you have gopher, you can browse the CAF archive with the command
   gopher gopher.eff.org

These document(s) are also available by anonymous ftp (the preferred
method) and by email. To get the file(s) via ftp, do an anonymous ftp
to ftp.eff.org (192.77.172.4), and then:

  cd  /pub/CAF/library
  get confidentiality.2.ala

To get the file(s) by email, send email to ftpmail@decwrl.dec.com
Include the line(s):

  connect ftp.eff.org
  cd  /pub/CAF/library
  get confidentiality.2.ala
--
Carl Kadie -- I do not represent EFF; this is just me.
 =kadie@eff.org, kadie@cs.uiuc.edu =

Thread