1994-04-17 - Re: New Remailer

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: vkisosza@acs.ucalgary.ca>
Message Hash: baac13bdca81147f6bba8316e625aeafa68fb7de6ffd4e464fd32f5233723f5d
Message ID: <ohgM8ki00Vpc1g7oAF@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <9404170509.AA41720@acs5.acs.ucalgary.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-17 18:39:35 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 11:39:35 PDT

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 11:39:35 PDT
To: vkisosza@acs.ucalgary.ca>
Subject: Re: New Remailer

"Istvan Oszaraz von Keszi" <vkisosza@acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Could someone give me some quick direction on installing
> and running a new remailer.
>
> Due to system constraints, I've had to rewrite some of the
> mailer software, I've tested it, and it seems to operate fine.
>
> My question is what is necessary, to create an address for
> the remailer?  I'd like it addressed as something other than
> my personal account.  Do I contact my sysadmins for a new
> address, or is this something which is user configurable.

Well, many people run their remailer from their personal account, but if
you want a special account for your remailer, you'll have to ask your
sysadmin.

If you want any help with testing it, I can help, and I'm sure many
others would be willing to as well.

Thanks for running a remailer!

Thread