1994-04-19 - Re: BEST Inc.

Header Data

From: “Evidence Inc.” <evidence@netcom.com>
To: SGT=DARREN=S.=HARLOW%ISB%MCTSSA@nwsfallbrook3.nwac.sea06.navy.mil
Message Hash: bc1d03d9dcb786a0ea4adadff1c4c79c9e27cd754b97f9a1b57a193290a2d097
Message ID: <Pine.3.85.9404181918.A3139-0100000@netcom5>
Reply To: <9404181937.AA16438@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-19 02:09:43 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 19:09:43 PDT

Raw message

From: "Evidence Inc." <evidence@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 19:09:43 PDT
To: SGT=DARREN=S.=HARLOW%ISB%MCTSSA@nwsfallbrook3.nwac.sea06.navy.mil
Subject: Re: BEST Inc.

Simple solution to this problem, especially if you have strong magnets
around.... De-magnitize the card.

If you are a ham operator, you can use the magnetic mount on the basis of
your mobile antenna whip.  If you're not, get a big magnet...

Evidence, Inc.       |   The Internet Cops are watching,
Evidence@Nowhere.Nil |       aren't they?

On Mon, 18 Apr 1994 SGT=DARREN=S.=HARLOW%ISB%MCTSSA@nwsfallbrook3.nwac.sea06.navy.mil wrote:

> 	I was in a BEST store yesterday, and attempted to pay by check.  They
> asked for ID to verify the check and when I handed them my military ID, they
> asked for my driver's license instead.  I gave them my driver's license and
> they used it and the magnetic strip on the back of it to verify my check.  I
> noticed on their computer screen that it had all of my info, as in birthdate,
> address, driver's license number, the routing number for the bank I am with,
> and my checking account number.  They also have notices up that say they
> index everything by your phone number.  I asked them what they were using all
> of this information for, and they said for their marketing purposes.  I was

Thread