1994-04-27 - Re: Milgram & Authority

Header Data

From: “Jim Sewell” <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bd0a1edc453a439a241c96c31ab0a1b6191ed027dde8e66cca747f27b5f0429e
Message ID: <9404271330.AA04421@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Reply To: <9404262138.AA23699@netmail2.microsoft.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-27 13:30:58 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 06:30:58 PDT

Raw message

From: "Jim Sewell" <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 06:30:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Milgram & Authority

<In mail Blanc Weber said:>

> From: Timothy C. May
>
> If we go down the path of worrying about "psychic pain" inflicted on
> others, then how can we operate in a world of failed marriages and
> relationships, of hurt feelings, and of other such psychic damages?
>
> What about the psychic trauma caused by Clipper?

  Has the government been covertly working on artificial intelligence
  and such?  I wasn't aware that we were anywhere NEAR the ability to
  incorporate psychic abilities in computer chips!  Will Clipper read
  our minds as well as our data?  Will it plant "You are not a crook"
  thoughts in our heads?  What does the government plan to do with
  such a chip?  Will they prevent crimes before they happen?  Will the
  psychic impressions gathered by the Clipper be admissible in court?

  [Insert smileys to taste, simmer for 15 minutes, then throw the
   whole kettle soup out since it's only a joke.  Obviously they
   meant psychological trauma etc.]

ObCrypt: Has anyone heard of work in the area of encrypting all information
		 on a computer and build the authentication software into the
		 operating system so the only practical chance of intrusion is a
		 forgetful operator?
--
 Tantalus Inc.			Jim Sewell      Amateur Radio: KD4CKQ
 P.O. Box 2310		    Programmer           Internet: jims@mpgn.com

Thread