1994-04-08 - Re: tmp@netcom.com

Header Data

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c6cb29304b232b61d1decd6152286c458066c02d481e5f0e59fe0191b2847de6
Message ID: <199404081459.HAA27420@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 07:58:07 PDT

Raw message

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 07:58:07 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: tmp@netcom.com

> Mr. TMP:
>
> You can easily settle this by attending or meeting with a CP in your area
> who can sign your public key based on your Drivers License etc.
>
> While it might not be fair, it would put an end to the debate...

Another way would be for people to get a *blind* signature from someone
else saying "I am not Detweiler" (if that is all people care about).  Sup-
pose some nym were able to exhibit such a signature from a respected list
member, ideally one who has given out a great many such signatures.  No one
would be able to link the nym to his True Name; all anyone would know is that
at one time the True Name corresponding to this nym received a blinded
signature making this assertion.

This allows a nym to keep his anonymity while still responding to accusations
like these, if he wishes.

Hal

Thread