1994-04-27 - Re: Schneier’s source code

Header Data

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
To: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
Message Hash: c828c2dcba0ff41fc77c0b7284ea25d53a0f7462b7a847d885f23cb97950c2f1
Message ID: <199404271805.LAA07284@servo.qualcomm.com>
Reply To: <9404271611.AA01104@anchor.ho.att.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-27 18:06:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 11:06:14 PDT

Raw message

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 11:06:14 PDT
To: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
Subject: Re: Schneier's source code

There is also the interesting realization that even if the Schneier
source code were to be mailed or FTP'ed outside the country, without
actual evidence of those acts there would be nothing to disprove an
assertion that it was typed in from the legally exportable book.

But, as they say, "that would be wrong".

I'm *still* waiting for a response to my CJ request for this disk. They
either ignore my calls or put me off with "it's coming soon", but it's
now almost May and I still don't have an official ruling on my "15-day"
request, which was filed in early March.

Phil

Thread