1994-04-14 - Soldier of Fortune magazine.

Header Data

From: “Gary Jeffers” <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d1c3b280b6b8ba2c4cbcb28e26056512017c933d3b1d641c0cb197d8e264d4e1
Message ID: <9404140136.AA16459@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Apr 94 18:36:45 PDT

Raw message

From: "Gary Jeffers" <CCGARY@MIZZOU1.missouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 94 18:36:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Soldier of Fortune magazine.

Gun control is people control.
The War on Drugs is the War on Citizens.

   I would like to suggest that some of our more knowledgeable &
eloquent Ccypherpunks such as May, Hughes, Frissell or others consider
approaching Soldier of Fortune magazine about a series of articles
or a regular column on encryption & privacy. SOF may seem to be a
childish publication to some of us but it has a readership many times
that of Ccypherpunks & we would not be preaching to the converted
(I know there are other purposes to cypherpunks as well).

   I've read some of their writing on the Waco affair & was impressed
by their anti-government stance & the heavy detail (much better than
the high production value/low content stuff from the mass media).
I'm not a regular reader of SOF but they seem to be old fashioned
patriots & might be warm to the Cypherpunk cause.

   We might have a series or a regular column titled CRYPTO -
THE COMING GREAT WAR or COMMUNICATIONS - THE NEXT GREAT BATTLEFIELD.
We already have a library of articles & copy. Our views would be a bit
novel & just might fit right in with SOF. We could make a deal with
them so that we could reprint the articles on the Internet. A number
of Cypherpunks regularly write good articles. We should make better
use of them.

                                            Yours Truly,
                                            Gary Jeffers

                                   PUSH EM BACK! PUSH EM BACK!
                                   WWWAAAYYY  BBBAAACCCKKK!
                                  BBBEEEAAATTTT  STATE!

P. S. Another name for a chip that subverts the Clipper chip. -
THE CLIPPER CRIPPLER.

Thread