1994-04-02 - Re: Collapse of the Wave Function Predicted, Timing Uncertain

Header Data

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d999449a6f57c619783be6a5e485a6d711bda41d2e7043439edbec1122686ee6
Message ID: <9404022206.AA15636@bilbo.suite.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Apr 94 14:06:54 PST

Raw message

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 94 14:06:54 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Collapse of the Wave Function Predicted, Timing Uncertain

>>  The moniker -- Information Highway -- itself seems to be

>> responsible for SB #040194. Introduced by Senator Patrick Leahy,

>> it's designed to prohibit anyone from using a public computer

>> network (Information Highway) while the computer user is

>> intoxicated. I know how silly this sounds, but Congress
>
> ....rest of Dvorak's April column elided..
>
> Further provisions:

How about...

----------------

THE WAR ON DRUGS REACHES THE BEACHES OF CYBERSPACE

WASHINGTON(AP) Prompted by the rising number of reports of online
addiction, Congresswoman April Fhurst is preparing a bill that would
designate network connections a controlled substance.  Only
government certified professionals would be allowed network
connections, and only for a limited number of hours per day.

The bill also mandates that all network venders, manufactures of
network equipment, and network software developers must design in
mechanisms to record the length of time each person spends accessing
a networked resource and to automatically contact the DEA when a
person exceeds safe limits.

Use of unauthorized or noncompliant network devices, computers, or
software will be a felony.  Any equipment used in the act of
felonious network access, and any files obtained via the network
would be subject to forfeiture under the RICO laws.

Jim_Miller@suite.com

Thread