1994-04-07 - Re: Pseudonyms and Reputations

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e7b2f7cad4ce42966d289151118400d658facae5ab40b31e4ad58c9b9cf29286
Message ID: <9404071632.AA29220@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 09:30:53 PDT

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 94 09:30:53 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Pseudonyms and Reputations

From tmp:

"what do you think, cpunks, should you have the right to ignore people
regardless of the pseudonyms they use?"

How could a person prevent someone from ignoring another? on the net?

"i ask if it is possible to construct a system that protects anonymity
but at the same time allows someone to filter all pseudonyms associated
with another person."

Code it, and they will come.

" ideally we can develop moral codes where our algorithms fail us. "

Ideally, you would be able to enforce these moral codes.
Ideally, they would reflect not only what is possible in reality, but
what is truly desireable.

Blanc

Thread