1994-04-17 - Re: Warrantless searches – A sign of things to come?

Header Data

From: bruce@phantom.com (Bruce Fancher)
To: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
Message Hash: ef2b360662c847c229ec92302c889b266857e62db93f6a1f0903144b0602af60
Message ID: <9404171919.AA11346@mindvox.phantom.com>
Reply To: <9404171839.AA05150@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-04-17 19:21:43 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 12:21:43 PDT

Raw message

From: bruce@phantom.com (Bruce Fancher)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 12:21:43 PDT
To: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
Subject: Re: Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

[Paul Ferguson] has written:

| A Page 1 story in The Washington Post Sunday (94.04.17) reads,
| "Clinton Lets Police Raid Projects," "Warrantless Searches Said to Be
| Needed For Tenants Safety."
|
| For those who haven't been following this ludicrous story, the USG has
| now decided that Chicago Housing Authority-sponsored, and warrantless,
| searches of dwellings within the CHA, is "A Good Thing" (tm) and
| specifically geared towards uncovering weapons of criminals (or
| would-be criminals) for the safety of law-abiding Housing tenants.
|
| Personally, I find this mentality alarming and indicative of a growing
| trend within the government. "Big Brother knows best."
|
| Vile and Nauseating.
|
| This is another absurdity in the "War on Drugs" and "War on Crime."
| More government-sponsored "wars" are undoubtedly on the horizon,
| perhaps even a war on non-escrowed crypto.
|
| I suppose things will get worse before they get better.

| Paul Ferguson
| US Sprint
| Enterprise Internet Engineering                    tel: 703.904.2437
| Herndon, Virginia  USA                        internet: paul@hawk.sprintmrn.com

Personally, I find the idea of government-owned housing alarming and
indicative of a growing trend within the government. "Big Brother knows
best."

Vile and Nauseating.

Thread