1994-04-17 - Warrantless searches – A sign of things to come?

Header Data

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f3c578b20fe4457247ad49519db1e64c17d14e27213bba4beb9f3da3b3a97cf2
Message ID: <9404171839.AA05150@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 10:37:56 PDT

Raw message

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 94 10:37:56 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

A Page 1 story in The Washington Post Sunday (94.04.17) reads,
"Clinton Lets Police Raid Projects," "Warrantless Searches Said to Be
Needed For Tenants Safety."

For those who haven't been following this ludicrous story, the USG has
now decided that Chicago Housing Authority-sponsored, and warrantless,
searches of dwellings within the CHA, is "A Good Thing" (tm) and
specifically geared towards uncovering weapons of criminals (or
would-be criminals) for the safety of law-abiding Housing tenants.

Personally, I find this mentality alarming and indicative of a growing
trend within the government. "Big Brother knows best."

Vile and Nauseating.

This is another absurdity in the "War on Drugs" and "War on Crime."
More government-sponsored "wars" are undoubtedly on the horizon,
perhaps even a war on non-escrowed crypto.

I suppose things will get worse before they get better.

Paul Ferguson
US Sprint
Enterprise Internet Engineering                    tel: 703.904.2437
Herndon, Virginia  USA                        internet: paul@hawk.sprintmrn.com

Thread