1994-04-12 - alias in phone book

Header Data

From: Adam Lake <lake@evansville.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fef0a18e3e53b48364d1a1c0f498d15eb2bbdb654efdfffc880288430d360b40
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9404121154.D1157-0100000@uenics.evansville.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 10:50:43 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Lake <lake@evansville.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 10:50:43 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: alias in phone book

I have recently been participating in a thread concerning anonymity and
pseudonymity on the Internet.  Somebody was complaining about trying to
find somebody and they were logged in with an uncorrelatable alias.
(Fishman = Don Johnson????)  The person was asking for a rule that
everyone log in with an alias that DIRECTLY correlated them with their
"real world" (relative term) pseudo.  Yuch!!!!!

What I was wondering was if any of you law hacks out there new anything
about the following comment regarding phone books

A professor of communications has brought up the fact that it is illegal
to use a pseudo in the white pages of the phone book.  Is this the case?
Help!!!!

lake@uenics.evansville.edu
Remember the last time you called her, she forgets
Pray to her, she will remember that
she will remember that