1994-05-04 - Re: Cypherpunks are Coding

Header Data

From: “Christian D. Odhner” <cdodhner@indirect.com>
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Message Hash: 03735b46005a5fe9cc3c0c48641dc18c6b4ee8a8d3f5ce5647a77dd1096d5866
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9405031948.D28223-0100000@id1.indirect.com>
Reply To: <199405031948.AA08162@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-04 02:35:02 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 May 94 19:35:02 PDT

Raw message

From: "Christian D. Odhner" <cdodhner@indirect.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 94 19:35:02 PDT
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks *are* Coding

On Tue, 3 May 1994, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> These are:  Secure Drive 1.3D, Secure File System 1.0, and the new Secure
> Device 1.0(?).
The latest version I am aware of for secure device is 1.2

> volumes.  Secure Device creates an encrypted file that DOS sees as a drive
> (like DoubleDisk or Stacker but without the compression).  I will try out
> Secure Device as soon as I can get into the FTP site which has been busy.
It is extremely good and easy to use, the only problem is that the
largest device/file it creates correctly is about 8megs... I now have
virtual drives d-m each as 8meg encrypted files, and I would much rather
have one 80 meg partition... oh well. Aside from that it is one of the
best encryption programs I have ever used.

Happy Hunting, -Chris.

Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
cdodhner@indirect.com	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
cypherpunks         WOw            dCD           Traskcom          Team Stupid
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11