1994-05-11 - Re: Here they come…

Header Data

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 116d640c1ef7e40d4283bf218cb3471c4cbf26ad31ecdccd65f3c4837fdee325
Message ID: <9405112052.AA08907@internal.apple.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 May 94 13:53:20 PDT

Raw message

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 13:53:20 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Here they come...

>    At my company, it is considered to be sexual harrassment if a female finds
>    out that I have a pornographic gif on my computer, even if I never display
>    it.  Apparently, just the knowledge that this material exists creates a
>    "hostile" environment.
>
>Even if it's a picture of two guys fucking?!

According to what I learned in our "Managers and the Law" class, in
California, for something to constitute "sexual harassment" it must satisfy
the following criteria:

It must be unwelcome (in the eyes of the complainant).
It must be offensive (again, in the eyes of the complainant).
It must be sexual in nature.

Period.

I don't make the news, I just report it.

--
Lefty (lefty@apple.com)

Thread